Drilly Willis Press Kit
DRILLY WILLIS PRESS KIT
Welcome to the DRILLY WILLIS press kit page! If you need any additional information not included on this page or require any of the below information in an alternate format, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
- Fact Sheet
- About the Developer
- Key Art
- Game Manual and Other Drilltastic Stuff!
2. FACT SHEET
- Developer: Private Pook Games
- Release Date: November 9, 2020 (Windows/OSX/Steam)
- Platforms: PC, Mac
- Website: PrivatePook.com
- Price: USD $9.99
- Availability: Digital Download
- Languages: English
- ESRB: E for Everyone
- File Size: ~422 MB
- Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Instruction Manual: Coming Soon!
Drilly Willis has a drill for a head and rocks at guitar.
But one night, in an envious rage, Flash Clappy, the most arrogant musician who ever lived, crashes Drilly's concert and banishes them to a world of things they hate.
Now Drilly must escape Flash Clappy's prison, fighting strange creatures with their drillhead and learning guitar songs that grant special powers when played. Along the way, they'll find items that unlock new areas, build upgrades to face stronger foes, and ally with living musical instruments also banished by Clappy, all with their own unique tales to tell.
Can Drilly escape this strange world and find their way back to the music? Or will Flash Clappy, a terrible musician who refuses to practice, succeed in banishing all good tunes, instruments, and musicians for eternity?
Only Drilly Willis Can Save Music!
- Drill your enemies with a one-of-a-kind drillhead weapon!
- Jam songs on your guitar to grant special powers and abilities!
- Explore an interconnected world of bizarre creatures!
- Expansive upgrade system! Power up your drillhead, screw shooter, and even your guitar chops!
- Seek out new weapons and items to unlock new locations!
- Fight your way out of a bizarre world created by Flash Clappy, the most arrogant musician that ever lived!
- Interact with living musical instruments all with their own unique tales to tell!
- Powerful soundtrack full of memorable tunes!
- A warped mixture of Metroid, Regular Show, and Bill & Ted!
- Over 30 in-game achievements to earn!
- The only game to feature a protagonist with a drillhead and guitar powers! We think?
6. ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Private Pook Games is the sole proprietorship of children’s author (I AM DRUMS, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt), middle school teacher, and musician, Mike Grosso (https://mikegrossoauthor.com).
Growing up, Mike self-taught himself some basic commands in QBasic, which he explored as a kid the same way he explored guitars and drums. In between rock-out sessions, writing books for preteens, and teaching middle school kids not to be afraid of math, he codes in C# and designs in Unity, creating games that make him laugh and wonder.
Following the release of several mobile games under the Assumed Name of Private Pook Games, his larger and more ambitious DRILLY WILLIS, a warped Metroidvania featuring a drillhead protagonist with sick guitar skills, is ready to rock the world November 2020.
7. KEY ART
Download all key art as a zip file HERE.
Download all logos as a zip file HERE.
Drilly Willis is more than a drillhead -- they're also a face-melting guitar player!
As a result, the Drilly Willis Video Game Soundtrack is a very special collection of tunes. All original compositions, written by the developer, Mike Grosso, with frantic, harmonizing guitar parts that'll have you dancing, drilling, and headbanging all at the same time!
- Apple Music
- And other places where music is streamed and/or sold!
10. GAME MANUAL AND OTHER DRILLTASTIC STUFF!